A great place to be!
OpenSky is where passion, relationships and commerce meet. We believe that online shopping doesn't have to be a
detached, isolating experience. We believe that it can be about
connection. It can be thrilling, fulfilling, inspiring. Even fun.
It can be OpenSky.
Shopping at OpenSky isn’t about transactions; it’s about interactions. We connect Shoppers to
Shopkeepers, people who sell their favorite products with passion and a point
of view. Together, OpenSky Shopkeepers, Suppliers and Shoppers form a community
that is changing the way the world shops.
At OpenSky, our beliefs guide our business. We believe that everyone can help someone. We believe in innovation, risk-taking, collaboration and open communication. We
believe that a job should not be work. And we believe when you live your
passion, you thrive.
OpenSky was founded by John Caplan in April 2009. John is the former CEO of Ford Models and former President of the
About.com Network. OpenSky's management team has best-in-class experience in
distributed workforces from About.com and Ford Models; community from MeetUp;
and commerce from Gilt Groupe, Portero and Target.
Our mission is to create a new online shopping experience, with a higher degree of personal touch and
expertise than exists now. To that end, we need an application Data Architect
who likes to be on the edge of what’s happening next. You will work with the OpenSky management team to architect
and implement the OpenSky data architecture platform. This is a hands-on role with leadership opportunity.
· Work in a dynamic start-up environment focused on innovation.
· Leverage your knowledge of e-commerce architecture and enterprise systems.
· Large scale e-commerce system architecture, data modeling, and application development.
· Integrate shopping cart, content management, customer service, fulfillment, reporting, and financial systems.
· Database (RDBMS) wizardry is essential—our flavor is mysql.
· Heavy experience working within a service based infrastructure.
· Thorough knowledge of distributed systems,
algorithms, data structures, performance optimization, scalability, and
· Expert process skills, from data modeling through physical design in full DW SDLC environment.
· Expertise in grid computing, data warehouses, data mining and especially database internals.
· Experience working with UML, DF, ERD.
· Background working for start-ups and in e-commerce.