A great place to be!
Founded in 2003, iContact is a venture-backed 170+ person company based in Durham, NC, that provides on-demand software that simplifies
email marketing. The iContact product is the leading email marketing platform
used by over 50,000 companies worldwide ranging from small businesses to blue
iContact was named one of the Best Places to Work in the Triangle by the Triangle Business Journal in 2007, 2008, and 2009. This
position will be based in the Durham/Research Triangle Park area of North
We are looking for a Database Administrator whose primary responsibility is the management and support of all
production MySQL Databases. This
position will be a part of the team that sets policy, monitors, prioritizes,
and develops standards, as well as maintains service levels for the production
environment. Controls activities
related to day-to-day maintenance such as maintaining backups, performing
installations and upgrades as well as tuning performance.
While we're looking for an individual that can handle emergencies, the ideal candidate will have a strong
dedication to process, standardization, documentation, and minimizing the risk
of emergency situations. Such an individual should view producing good documentation
and maintaining tight configuration management as mission critical activities.
Position needs to exercise independent judgment in developing methods,
techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. This position
requires a self starter, willing to take on large and small challenges while
operating under general supervision.
· Requires 2+ years MySQL database administration experience in a high-volume, highly-available Linux based environment.
· Requires hands-on Linux server experience.
· Experience with MySQL clustering and data replication.
· Hands-on database troubleshooting experience, including tracking down problematic queries and configurations.
· MySQL database backup and recovery, system architecture and design experience.
· Experience in database performance analysis, tuning and capacity planning.
· Ability to analyze and change schema design and articulate performance impacts.
· Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Bash or Python.
· Grasp of Linux system administration fundamentals in relation to applications and databases.
· Ongoing effort to maintain skills and knowledge at the state of the art level.
· Proven ability to work independently or in a team environment.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits are provided including health care coverage, a 401(k) plan, a Flexible
Spending Account, an entrepreneurial and creative environment, and being part
of a rock star team that acts like a family.
For More Information
If you are interested and/or would like more information, please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com. If we determine you to be a qualified candidate we may send a
questionnaire or contact you to schedule either an in-person interview or
teleconference interview. Additional information on the company and software
can be found at www.icontact.com.