• Managing MySQL on Linux platform in Production/QA/Development environments
including installation, configuration, optimization, automation, backup, recovery,
upgrades, schema changes, etc. All that you would expect as a DBA
• Assistance in developing homegrown MySQL tools
• Creating processes to ensure data integrity and identify potential data errors. In other
words, help figure out appropriate monitoring techniques.
• Quickly troubleshooting server problems and development and deployment of preventive
measures to maintain high availability
• Estimating project duration, effort, resource load and cost
• B.S. Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Proficient in SQL (knowledge of MySQL quirks a plus)
• Proficient in at least one scripting language – Ruby, Python, Perl, etc
• 3+ year experience with database administration; MySQL experience preferred.
• Experience working on a Unix/Unix-like platform; Linux preferred.
• Performance tuning experience
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with other staff members, to
complete short and long-term projects
• Verbal and written communication skills
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Experience with replication
• Familiarity with web-based application integration
• Telephony architecture experience
• Experience with monitoring infrastructures; Nagios preferred.