Responsible for gathering business requirements
and conceptualize logical/physical databases. Perform database
development and administration tasks in development, QA, and production
database environments. Manage and support current and future database
development and methodologies. Proactively evaluate physical and
logical design of databases to keep up with the dynamic and growing
business needs. Be a contributing team architect in the development and
design of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions.
Partner with the internal user community to analyze existing systems
and solutions, identify areas for process improvement and guide the
business in the establishment of effective and efficient automated
• Lead project planning activities, design meetings and
architectural reviews, and code reviews for the purpose of designing,
architecting, developing and implementing quality MIS systems
enhancements or solutions, including Order Management System and
integration with other systems/applications and database and reporting
• Facilitate the completion of database and
integration related tasks as well as the required documentation
supporting the System Development Life Cycle (Feasibility, Inception,
Development, Testing, Implementation and Support). Coordinate project
• Provide leadership and guidance on process,
methodology, and direct content review that will support the project
team. Participate in or lead design and code reviews.
• Evaluate and
design logical and physical databases; use modeling techniques to
analyze and specify data usage within application areas; define logical
views and physical data structures.
• Provide data access methods for
business applications utilizing the latest web technologies; Develop
databases to support web based applications using XML/AO/OLE DB, etc.
• Code stored procedures, triggers and data porting applications in support of Propertyware applications.
• Evaluate and monitor databases to resolve performance issues, minimize data redundancy and support capacity planning.
Maintain MySQL Server databases in the Propertyware development and
test environments. Create/alter databases; replicate databases; perform
day-to-day database administration.
• Design, implement and support database backup and recovery procedures.
Develop data requirements for application/inter-application test plans
and test scenarios; verify test results. Coordinate testing activities
for appropriate applications system development team(s) with database
Administrators as required
• Assist with creating and maintaining documentation standards, coach others on developing high quality documentation.
Perform problem determination (root cause analysis), and document the
source of problems and their resolution. Aid customers and other staff
members in resolving errors resulting from the use of applications.
Recognize and analyze trends in errors so as to identify and install
long term solutions to problems.
• Manage multiple tasks and projects
to schedule, ensuring requirements are met. Report on progress weekly
and measure against goals/initiatives to management for meeting project
• Mentor new or junior Propertyware team members.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; 7 years equivalent experience may be considered
Minimum 5 years of experience in database development / administration
(experience with both Oracle and MS SQL Server required)
• Extensive hands-on experience working in MySQL is required
• Extensive experience creating SQL queries
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Expertise in data modeling tools .
• Possess and be able to apply knowledge of database principles and practice.
• Familiar with the principles of data warehouse development.
• Experience in ETL tools for loading of databases and/or warehouses.
• Skilled in the administration of multi-database environments.
• Application programming and experience with languages like Java are a plus.
• Working experience in Oracle/Ms SQL Server is a plus
Proven ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
management and work collaboratively with interdepartmental teams to
achieve desired results
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Should be able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment with minimum specifications or supervision
• Flexibility to work overtime when necessary
Please email me @ email@example.com