My client in Las Vegas, NV is looking for a MySQL Database Architect. This is a permanent role with a premiere software development company. If you are interested in this opportunity send me your word resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and call me at 713-470-5790.
MySQL Database Architect
Summary Architects and designs database schema across all supported companies. Provide guidance and recommendations for technologies, designs, interfaces, integrations, scalability, performance, efficiencies across multiple production, test, Dev, RC, etc. environments
Duties & Responsibilities
Additional duties may be assigned
- Install, configure, manage and maintain multiple MySql servers and databases.
- Perform appropriate back-up, restoration, and upgrades of database servers.
- Perform database health monitoring and diagnostics.
- Work with development teams for performance tuning and optimization, query optimization, index tuning, caching and buffer tuning.
- Work with development teams to introduce and control structural changes to databases.
- Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent; ten years + of direct database experience in high-volume/high transaction environments experience and/or training; or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Expert in database architecture and scalability for complex, highly available environments.
- Expert in MS SQL (including MySQL-specific use)
- Experience in DB backup, recovery, and optimization techniques
- Experience in high volume MySQL database administration
- Experience in administration of InnoDB and MyISAM table types
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution skills with MySQL
- Strong communication skills for interaction with other teams and departments
- Experience with MySQL replication (multi-master, master-slave)
- Experience specifically with Linux/MySQL Administration (network, file system, memory and performance)
- Knowledge and experience in developing web based applications a plus
Executive Search Consultant, Information Technology
Main: (713) 864-7733 x290
Direct: (713) 470-5790